With the economic situation of the country, you really cannot fault anyone for leaving Nigeria, in search of greener pastures and Nigerian celebrities are no exception from the trend.
In this article, Naija News takes a look at some of your favourite celebrities who still live and work in Nigeria but their families are abroad.
1. Mr Latin: Comic Yoruba Nollywood actor, Bolaji Amusan, popularly known as Mr Latin, is based in Abeokuta, Ogun State, but his wife, Ronke, and two children live in Dublin, Ireland.
The actor, who is currently serving as President of the Theatre Arts and Movie Practitioners Association of Nigeria, is particularly fond of his wife and he makes no secret about it.
Mr Latin married Ronke in 1999 and their relationship has continued to blossom over the years.
2. Sanyeri: Yoruba actor, Olaniyi Afonjo also known as Sanyeri is a household name majorly because of his humorous roles in movies. However, despite his on-screen antics, Sanyeri is one man who has been intentional about raising his family and exposing them to opportunities.
The actor’s beautiful wife, Omolara, and their two sons, Boluwatife and Olasunkanmi are based in Canada.
3. Georgina Onuoha: The Nollywood actress abandoned acting and moved to the US a few years ago. The single mother of two is one of the few who quit Nollywood and still succeeding.
Georgina broke the news of owning a house in the US in 2020.
4. Omoni Oboli: It is over 15 years since the talented actress and producer relocated to Canada with her family.
The mother of four often comes home to shoot her blockbuster movies and move back to her family in leisure time.
5. Okunnu: He began his acting career in 1984 and has become a household name in the Yoruba movie industry.
Despite the easygoing character he frequently plays in movies, Okunnu does not joke about his family’s well-being.
His three children, Jumoke, Hassan, and Modupe, as well as his wife Wumi, reside in Canada.
6. Timi Dakolo: Timi Dakolo is married to a photographer, Busola, and they are blessed with three children, Alexander, Zoe and Hallel. Their marriage has had its fair share of trials, especially in 2019, when Busola accused a popular Nigerian pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo, of raping her many years ago in Kwara State.
In recent times, many of their social media posts suggest that Busola and the children have relocated to the United Kingdom.
While Bukola is said to be attending a university in the UK to further her education the children are also said to have started attending school there.
Earlier in the year, Timi Dakolo had joked that his daughter Hallel had developed an accent barely two weeks after resuming school in her new country of residence.