Forbes on Wednesday released the list of top ten highest-paid athletes for the year 2022.
According to Forbes, Argentina captain and Paris Saint-Germain forward, Lionel Messi topped the list, earning $130 million over the past 12 months.
The seven times Ballon d’or winner lost around $22 million in salary during his final season with Barcelona, but still makes around $75 million following his move to PSG.
The endorsement deal of the Argentine increased, which matched his 12-month record from last year’s study.
Messi is ahead of Lakers forward LeBron James and Manchester United superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, who occupied the second and third positions respectively.
See the list of the top ten highest-paid athletes in 2022 below:
1. Lionel Messi (football) – $130 million
2. LeBron James (basketball) – $121.2 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (football) – $115 million
4. Neymar (Football) – $95 million
5. Stephen Curry (Basketball) – $92.8 million
6. Kevein Durant (Basketball) – $92.1 million
7. Roger Federer (Tennis) – $90.7 million
8. Canelo Alvarez (Boxer) – $90 million
9. Tom Brady (American football) – $83.9 million
10. Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball) – $80.9 million