Connect with us

Sports

Everton: Rafael Benitez Breaks Silence After His Sack

Published

on

Former Everton manager, Rafael Benitez has revealed why he failed in his duties at the club.

Naija News had earlier reported that the English Premier League side sacked Benitez on Sunday after recording just seven wins in 22 Premier League games.

Everton in a statement on its website stated that an update on a permanent replacement will be made in due course.

The former Liverpool manager was relieved of his duties at Goodison Park on Saturday, after overseeing his side’s 2-1 loss to Norwich.

Benitez while speaking after his removal as the club manager said he did not know the level of assignment placed into his hands when he joined the club.

The former Everton manager, when asked why he accepted the Everton job despite having managed their city arch-rivals, Liverpool, Benitez said it was due to his love for the city of Merseyside.

He said, “From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn’t only have to get results, but we also had to win over people’s hearts.

“However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings.

“The road to success isn’t easy and sadly, nowadays in football, there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won’t be possible to continue this project.”

Advertisement