Connect with us


Many Injured As Fire Guts Shanties In Lagos Community




Many people have been injured during a fire outbreak that occured in the Ebute Meta area of Lagos State on Wednesday.

It was learned that the fire started around 10am from the room of a resident of the shanties who was cooking, before destroying other structures in the area.

Also, the fire gutted Okobaba plank market located in the area as firefighters and emergency responders arrived the scene to battle the fire.

As of the time of filing this report, the actual cause of the fire is sketchy.

Confirming the sad incident, a lawmaker in the area, Saka Olamilekan, disclosed that about 2,000 shanties were affected.

he said, “At least 2,000 plank houses will be affected. Also, a three-storey building with blocks was burnt. The fire started a few minutes past 10am from the room of a resident who was cooking.

“The residents made attempt to put out the fire but their efforts weren’t successful.

“I recommend that when they are rebuilding again, there should be more spaces between the buildings.”

Ige Olugbenga is a fine-grained journalist. He loves the smell of a good lead and has a penchant for finding out something nobody else knows.