Connect with us


Gist

Properties Destroyed As Fire Guts Popular Lagos Market

Published

on

Properties Destroyed As Fire Guts Popular Lagos Market

Properties worth millions of naira have been destroyed during a fire outbreak in Ladipo market, Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos State.

Naija News reports that the fire incident which started on Sunday night till the early hours of Monday affected a building housing a spare parts shop and a furniture workshop.

According to a statement by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the fire outbreak was caused by an electrical spark at a furniture workshop.

The statement added that no casualty has been recorded so far, adding that rescue operations are ongoing.

The statement reads: “A fire outbreak at 85, Ladipo Street by Fatai Atere Road Ladipo Market since 11:00 yesterday involving a 3 Storey building has continued to rage till now.

“The Security fortification of the building has created a serious obstruction to access the building which has already shown signs of safety concerns.

“The fire was said to have started at a furniture workshop behind the building with an electrical spark at about 10:45 p.m.”

As of the time of filing this report, officials of LASEMA, the Nigeria National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), State Fire and Federal Fire Services Service are trying to put out the fire.



Download NAIJA NEWS app:
Download Naija News App for Android