The Nigerian Army has secretly contacted families of slain soldiers killed by Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) insurgents in the Monguno area of Borno State.
It was learned that some soldiers are still missing five days after the incident, while armoured vehicles, several weapons and ammunition were also stolen during the attack.
Meanwhile, a source has informed SaharaReporters that the Nigerian Army has secretly contacted some of the families of the deceased.
The source claimed that the army authorities have also informed them that their loved ones had been deposited in a morgue.
“At least 25 soldiers have been confirmed dead, the authorities have contacted some of their families, their bodies are already deposited at the morgue,” the source said.
Recall that Boko Haram insurgents reportedly killed 10 soldiers after dislodging a military base in Rann, Kala-Balge Local Government Area of Borno State.
Meanwhile, the same day the Okun nation decried unimaginable attacks by bandits in their part of Kogi State, residents of communities in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State have bemoaned the influx of fleeing bandits from Zamfara and other states sharing boundaries with Niger.
Naija News reports that the Coalition of Shiroro Associations (COSA) stated this on Monday in a statement issued in Minna by its Secretary, Salis M Sabo, who demanded proper coordination and replication of ongoing military operation in Zamfara in other states having boundaries with the state.
This was as the lawmaker representing Kabba-Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency in Kogi State at the House of Representatives, Teejay Yusuf, said the worsening security challenges in Okun land in the past one week “has led to the death, kidnap and dastardly attacks on persons, buildings, institutions, farmlands and church.”