The Zamfara Police Command has said that its operatives have rescued eight persons abducted on August 25 at Kangon Sabuwa area of the state.
In a statement on Tuesday released by its spokesman, SP Mohammed Shehu, the Police said the victims were rescued from Kungurmi bandits camp without any ransom.
Shehu stated that the victims have been medically checked by the medical officials, debriefed by the Police, and reunited with their families.
According to Shehu, the Commissioner of Police, Ayuba Elkana, assured the people of the state that the police, in collaboration with other security agencies, are intensifying different search and rescue strategies that will lead to the unconditional rescue of other victims.
The police commissioner called on members of the public to continue to partner with the Police and other security agencies to restore lasting peace and security in the state.
Meanwhile, the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom seems not ready to end his disagreement with the Buhari administration as he has rejected the call to apologize to President Muhammadu Buhari over his recent comments.
Naija News had earlier reported that the Minister of Special Duties and Inter-governmental Affairs, George Akume, advised the governor to apologize to the President over his statements.
The former governor of Benue State also called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission to go after Ortom.
Akume charged the anti-graft agencies to thoroughly investigate the application of the total federal allocations to Benue State from May 29, 2015, to date.
Ortom, while reacting through his spokesman, Terver Akase, on Monday, accused the minister of releasing a statement to organize a ‘smear campaign’ against the governor.