Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has denied involvement in the plot that led to the arrest of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.
Naija News recalls that IPOB had threatened to deal with some people who paid a role in the arrest of its leader.
The group said the Minister Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano; and Igbo businessman, Emeka Offor, would pay for their satanic role in Kanu’s crisis.
The Group had earlier accused the above names of betraying its leader due to their selfish interest.
The spokesman of the group, Emma Powerful, had said the group would hold those named above accountable if anything happens to Kanu.
Powerful in a statement alleged that Offor claimed he was ready to spend N250 million to counter Radio Biafra.
He called on those close to imminent Igbo leaders to compel them to push for Kanu’s release.
But reacting in a statement signed by his media aide, James Eze, on Friday, Governor Obiano said he has no hand in any plot and described the report as ‘false’.
The statement read in part; “Our attention has been drawn to a story in Saharareporters.com alleging that the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano was involved in the plot to kidnap and repatriate Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) from Kenya to Nigeria.
“The general public is enjoined to disregard that story because it is totally false without the tiniest grain of truth.
“The governor of Anambra State had no hand in any plot against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. It should be crystal clear to anyone that the Federal Government of Nigeria headed by Muhammadu Buhari as the President and Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, does not need the assistance of a governor who has no control over any security and intelligence architecture to do whatever it wants to do.
“The report is therefore a deliberate act of mischief that should be ignored by the general public.”