The Governor Mai Mala Buni-led Caretaker Committee And Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is set to get another six months extension.
Naija News recalls that the Adams Oshiomhole-led National Working Committee was dissolved in on June 25, 2020, and the Buni-led Caretaker/Extraordinary National Committee was constituted with a mandate to conduct the party’s national convention within six months.
But on December 8, 2020 the tenure of the caretaker committee was extended to allow for membership registration.
Party sources have now revealed to DailyTrust that the committee will get another six-month extension next week.
A chieftain of the APC, Chief Jackson Lekan Ojo, also confirmed that the timeline of the committee would be extended by six months.
“They have already extended their timeline by six months internally. They are trying to see if they can resolve some internal wrangling,” he said.
An ally of President Muhammadu Buhari also said there will be no national convention until November or December because congresses must be conducted before national convention.
Below is a full list of members of the committee:
- Governor Mai Bala Buni (Yobe) Chairman
- Isiaka Oyetola, Governor Osun (South West)
- Ken Nnamani (South East)
- Stella Okorete – Women Rep
- Governor Sani Bello (North Central)
- Dr. James Lalu (Physically challenged)
- Sen. Abubakar Yusuf (Senate Rep)
- Hon. Akinyemi Olaide (House of Reps)
- David Lyon (South South)
- Abba Ari (North West)
- Prof. Tahir Mamman (North East)
- Ismail Ahmed (Youths)
- Sen. Akpan Udoedehe (Secretary)