The former Special Adviser on politics to President Goodluck Jonathan, Ahmed Gulak, was shot dead by unknown gunmen in Owerri, Imo State.
Here are some things you should know about Ahmed Gulak.
- Ahmed Gulak was a lawyer.
- He was a former special adviser (political) to former the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan.
- Gulak was a Muslim, born in Adamawa State, and married with children.
- He was a former speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly.
- In 2013, Gulak threatened to resign if Jonathan refused to run for the presidency in the 2015 elections. He was sacked in 2014.
- In 2014, Gulak declared his intention to run as Adamawa State Governor under the umbrella of the People’s Democratic Party.
- In 2016, the former presidential aide declared himself the national leader of the PDP.
- The National Working Party of the PDP denounced Gulak as the PDP national party chairman and declared Uche Secondus as the acting chairman.
- He defected from PDP to the All Progressives Congress in 2018.
- In 2019, he served as the chairman of the APC Committee that conducted the governorship primaries in Imo state.