The Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru has died aged 54, the Nigerian Air Force confirmed that he died in a plane crash in Kaduna.
Profile Of The Late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru
– He was born on 10th August 1966 in Doka, Kaduna North Local Government Area, Kaduna State, he graduated from the Nigerian Defence Academy.
– He commenced cadets training in January 1984 and was commissioned into the rank of Second Lieutenant in December 1986 as an Infantry Officer. He holds a Masters degree in Strategic Management and Policy Studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy.
– General Attahiru has held several appointments on the staff, instructional, and in command during his military career.
– He had a tour of duty with the United Nations in Sierra Leone as a Military Observer, where he facilitated United Kingdom military engagement, Operation BARASS in September 2000.
– He was an Operation Officer and later Company Commander in NIBATT 19 ECOMOG Operations in Liberia. Also, he had the unique privilege of having commanded with distinction all through the chain of command in the Nigerian Army.
– Prominent among the appointments incudes Commanding Officer 146 Battalion Nigerian Army (Operation HARMONY IV) in the Bakassi Peninsula, Commander 13 Brigade Nigerian Army (Operation PULO SHIELD), General Officer Commanding 82 Division Nigerian Army. He was one-time Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
He was appointed Chief of Army Staff on January 26, 2021.