A house fire incident has left a family and community in Niger State in tears as four persons died from the same lineage.
Reports reaching Naija News at this time confirmed that the fire incident happened in Bida town of Niger in the early hour of Monday, March 8.
Names of the victims were given as Hajiya Salamatu, Hajiya Jummai Kabaraini, Hauwa and Khairatu Mahmud Kabaraini. It was reported that the family house located in the Efu Kabali Gulu area of Bida gutted fire around 1:am, resulting in the death of the two aged wives and two granddaughters of the owner of the house.
Though the cause of the fire is still sketchy, there were, however, reports that the inferior was caused by an electrical fault. Properties worth millions of Naira were reportedly burnt beyond recognition by the fire.
It was gathered that the owner of the building, a prominent indigene of Bida town, Ahmadu Kabaraini is deceased but the head of the family, Sallau Kabaraini, said the cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained.
Reacting to the incident, the Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, Etsu Nupe, who is also the Chairman, Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers, described the inferno as very unfortunate.
Alhaji Abubakar lamented the development, stating that the demise of the family members was very saddening. The traditional ruler, however, prayed to Almighty Allah to grant the deceased person Aljannatul Firdausi. He also prayed to Allah to grant the family the formidable fortitude to bear the losses.
Speaking, shortly after the funeral prayers for the deceased victims, the Chief Imam of Bida, Ustaz Adamu Liman-Yakatun said the death was disheartening and painful, while urging the family to accept the incident as an act destined by God.
Meanwhile, a fire incident involving two SUVs have been reported on the Third mainland bridge on Monday evening, March 9.
Naija News reports that the agency charged with managing traffic in Lagos State and enforcing its traffic laws, LASTMA confirmed the incident on its official Twitter handle a few hours ago.
Source: Naija News