Connect with us


Gist

Kankara: ‘Nonsense’ – Reno Omokri Attacks Buhari Over Delegations To Kankara While He Is In Daura

Published

on

Buhari Reacts To Pa Ayo Fasanmi's Death

Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has taken to his Twitter account to attack President Muhammadu Buhari following the abduction secondary school students in Kankara, Katsina State.

Naija News reported earlier that unknown gunmen stormed a government science school in Kankara on Friday and abducted several children.

The development has stirred outrage among Nigerians as they lament over the spate of insecurity in the country under President Buhari’s watch.

Reacting to the Kankara incident, Omokri who was an aide to the former Nigerian president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, condemned Buhari for sending delegates to Kankara while he himself is the state.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday jetted out of Abuja for his hometown, Daura in Katsina State, to begin a seven-day private visit.

This is President Buhari’s first visit since December 2019 following the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic in the country, Naija News reports.

However, the Kankara student abduction happened barely 24 hours after Buhari’s arrival in Katsina. Reno Omokri in his reaction on the micro-blogging platform described as ‘nonsense’ the president action towards the disturbing event when he could easily visit Kankara to get first-hand information on the incident and take necessary action.

“Is General #Buhari okay? On the same day he arrived Katsina, bandits abducted an unknown number of students from GSSS Kankara. Buhari then sends a ‘high powered’ delegation led by the Defence Minister to visit Katsina, when he himself is in the state. Nonsense!” Omokri asked.

Omokri again noted that no service chief will be sacked over the incident which confirmed their incompetence in securing the lives of Nigerians.

He said, “The sad aspect of the abduction of the boys of GSSS Kankara, is that no service chief will be removed. No one will be sacked. General #Buhari will keep using taxpayer fund to rehabilitate Boko Haram.
@Elrufai will continue paying herdsmen. NOTHING will change!”

Meanwhile, the Minister of Defence, Bashir Salihi-Magashi, has said security agents know the whereabouts and movements of the abductors of the students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.

Salihi-Magashi stated this while leading a federal government delegation to meet with Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina, on Sunday, Naija News reports.

Source: Naija News