Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has called for a sanction on CNN over a recent report by the international media outfit on the Lekki tollgate shootings during the #EndSARS protest in Nigeria.
The Minister who spoke on Thursday during a live televised press conference described the CNN report on the Lekki tollgate incident as highly irresponsible.
Maintaining that there was no massacre, he also blamed the CNN report which he said misrepresented information on happenings on the incident which occurred at the Lekki tollgate on October 20.
Alhaji Lai further expressed satisfaction with the role played by security agencies, including the Nigerian Army as well as the Police during the #EndSARS protest which rocked the country last month.
He likewise accused DJ Switch of spreading falsehood on the Lekki incident, urging her to rather bring her evidence before the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry.
The CNN report, which was released on Wednesday morning had questioned the government position on happenings at the Lekki toll gate, tracing back bullet shells found at the scene and establishing them to be from live ammunitions contrary to what the government said that the military used blank bullets to disperse the protesters.
Source: Naija News