The federal government of Nigeria has unveiled fresh plans to cushion the impact of COVID-19 on Nigerians through the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs, supportive initiatives.
Naija News reports the government plans to make available N75bn for Nigerian Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises as 100% grants.
Registration for the fund begins on September 21st, 2020 as previously reported by the government.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES N75BN MSME SURVIVAL FUND FOR NIGERIAN MSME’s ON SEPTEMBER 21:
N75bn Survival Fund For Nigerian MSMEs Is 100% Grant, NOT LOAN! Please Share Widely.https://t.co/LuZxurMbO3
Registration Begins September 21st, 2020 On The Website. pic.twitter.com/qXUuzDHExK
— Ajuri Ngelale (@AjuriNgelale) September 15, 2020
Giving a further update on the fund for Nigerians, Mr. Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President (Office of the Vice President) said the programme is part of the commitment of the government of President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to lifting Nigerians out of poverty and reducing the pains and negative impact of coronavirus on the people.
Akande stated this when he appeared on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.
He said, “Next week, we are starting the survival fund, which is a part of this plan. From next week, it will be available and people who are potential beneficiaries will be able to get more information on https://survivalfund.ng.”
He said that from next week, “the website https://survivalfund.ng will be open for Nigerians who have MSMEs or who are artisans, plumbers, electricians, transport workers, private school teachers or who belong to different categories under the survival fund.”
Interested persons are expected to visit https://survivalfund.ng to register for the fund.
Source: Naija News