The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed the conduct of the 2020 governorship election in Edo State for Saturday, 19th September 2020.
INEC has already commenced the distribution of election materials to the various local government areas in the state ahead of the actual voting process.
Naija News reports that fourteen candidates and political parties will be participating in Saturday’s election as confirmed by INEC in a statement made available to newsmen by Rose Oriaran-Anthony, Secretary, INEC.
The incumbent governor, Godwin Obaseki, and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will face off against Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and 12 other candidates.
Below is the list of candidates and their political parties
1. EDEMAKHIOTA GODWIN OSAIMIAMIA – AA
2. MABEL AKOMU OBOH – ADC
3. IBOI LUCKY EMMANUEL – ADP
4. OSAGIE ANDREW IZE-IYAMU – APC
5. OSAGIE LUCKY IDEHEN – APGA
6. AMOS OSALUMESE ARELOEGBE – APP
7. IGBINEWEKA OSAMUEDE – APM
8. OSIFO UHUNEKPENMA ISAIAH – LP
9. AGOL EBUN TRACY – NNPP
10. STEVIE NASH OZONO – NRM
11. GODWIN NOGHEGHASE OBASEKI – PDP
12. FELIX IZEKOR OBAYANGBON – SDP
13. OSAGIOBARE JONES – YPP
14. AKHALAMHE AMIEMENOGHENA – ZLP
Click here to view the full details of each candidate, his/her party, age, and educational qualification as well as that of their running mates.
Source: Naija News