Connect with us


Entertainment

COVID-19 Devilish Program, Not In Nigeria – Mr Ibu

Published

on

Mr Ibu

Comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, has dismissed reports that the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was in Nigeria.

Mr Ibu, 58, claimed Nigeria is impervious to the coronavirus due to its warm weather.

He said only Nigerians in the diaspora will partake in what he described as “devilish program.”

“We at home are oblivious, we are not supposed to be involved in any ceremony in trying to pretend or in trying to avoid. My brother, COVID-19, or 20 is not here. I don’t care,” he was quoted to have said in English and Pidgin while speaking to The Nation.

“Why would China give us sickness and America embellish the technicality and then sell it to the world. People now begin to die when they know it’s killing. Thank God we have hot weather.

“The thing sef dey fear us. I no dey fear anything. I dey wear cloth waka on my own. Nothing dey here, nobody don die for this whole area. If you go another area, nobody don die.

“Go to stadium, nobody don die. Let’s be sorry for ourselves. I’m telling everybody not just the government. Say only what you know do not exaggerate it.

“Na we dey take our mouth call sickness by im own, sickness dey pass on its own but na we dey call am for Nigeria. You won’t see COVID-19 because it’s not here.”

On the increasing COVID-19 cases in the country, Mr Ibu dismissed such report, saying no known Nigerian has been  killed by COVID-19

“Have you ever attended any burial and they say na this thing kill am? have you ever gone to the hospital them say this person na COVID dey hold am?” Okafor asked.

“Have you ever seen a family, them say somebody na COVID na em kill am yesterday for family wey you know? You cannot, dem say dem say na im me and you dey hear. Even the sickness dey fear us.

“Are they not human beings, let them bring a picture of at least one person killed by COVID-19 and we find the family of such a person. Na small thing e remain hunger for don kill me since.”

Naija News reports that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Tuesday night reported four hundred and sixty-three confirmed new cases of Coronavirus disease in Nigeria.

According to the health agency, the newly reported cases were found as follows; 128 in Lagos, Kwara-92, Enugu-39, Delta-33, Edo-29, Plateau-28, Kaduna-23, Oyo-15, Ogun-14, Osun-14, FCT-12, Ondo-9, Rivers-9, Abia-8, Bayelsa-5, Ekiti-3 and 2 in Borno State.

As at the time this report was given, the total number of discharged patients is 13,792 while 754 deaths so far have been recorded in Nigeria since the outbreak of the killer virus.

Source: Naija News

Ogbolu George is a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Benin. He loves politics, is a movie addict and a die-hard Arsenal fan. George is a Senior Content Creator at Naija News.