The suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has written a legal appeal to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to release him on bail
Naija News Understands that Magu wrote the appeal via one of his lawyers, Oluwatosin Ojaomo, on Friday 10th of July 2020.
It will be recalled that the EFCC boss has spent the fourth day at the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) due to an ongoing probe by the presidential panel on alleged misconduct levelled against him by Minister of Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami.
Meanwhile, Naija News earlier today reported that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Mohammed Umar as the new acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Umar was until his recent appointment, the head of operations of the EFCC.
Here are other important details to know about him:
• Mohammed Umar is a Deputy Commissioner of Police in the Nigerian Police Force
• He served as the EFCC director of operations until his recent appointment.
• Umar was the second most senior official at the agency based on “EFCC’s hierarchy” and has represented Magu at several events on previous occasions.
• Mohammed Umar is a devoted Muslim.
• Mohammed Umar is from Kano State, in the North-Western part of Nigeria.