This was made known in a statement on Friday by Umar Jibrilu Gwandu, media aide to Abubakar Malami, the attorney-general of the federation.
As previously reported by Naija News, the President also approved the appointment of Mohammed Umar as the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Umar was until his recent appointment, the head of operations of the EFCC.
Here are other important details to know about him:
• Mohammed Umar is a Deputy Commissioner of Police in the Nigerian Police Force
• He served as the EFCC director of operations until his recent appointment.
• Umar was the second most senior official at the agency based on “EFCC’s hierarchy” and has represented Magu at several events on previous occasions.
• Mohammed Umar is a devoted Muslim.
• Mohammed Umar is from Kano State, in the North-Western part of Nigeria.
Editor’s note: The information will be updated as we get more details about the new acting chairman of the EFCC.