The full list of the Presidential Panel members probing Ibrahim Magu, the suspended acting EFCC Chairman has emerged.
Naija News had reported earlier that President Muhammadu Buhari has suspended Magu as EFCC Acting Chairman. The suspension is coming at a time Magu is facing a presidential panel since Monday over allegations of corruption.
The suspended EFCC Chairman was arrested in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital on Monday and whisked away to the Presidential Villa to face the presidential panel several allegations of fraud and misconduct levelled against him.
Ever since he was arrested on Monday, Magu has been undergoing interrogation at the Presidential Villa by the inter-agency panel which is made up of members from different security
agencies in the country
Below are the Presidential Panel members probing Magu…
1. JUSTICE AYO SALAMI – Former Court of Appeal Judge
2. MIKE OGBIZI – Deputy Inspector-general of Police
3. HASSAN ABDULLAHI – Department of State Security (DSS)
4. DOUGLAS EKWUEME – Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
5. MALLAM SHAMSUDEEN – Office of the Accountant-General of the
6. MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – Federal Ministry of Justice
7. KAZEEM ATILEBI – Civil Society Organizations.
Meanwhile, Naija News had reported earlier that there are ten key allegations against Magu.
Below are the 10 key allegations against Ibrahim Magu
1. Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
2. Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
3. Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
4. Not providing enough concrete evidence against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
5. Not respecting court order to unfreeze N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.
6. Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
7. Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
8. Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
9. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
10. Alleged ‘re-looting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
Source: Naija News