On Friday, the British government announced that it would evacuate 900 more of its citizens from Nigeria as the world fights against coronavirus disease.
The British High Commission said on Friday that the Britons would leave the country in three charter flights starting next Tuesday.
According to the High Commission, the first flight will depart from Abuja on April 28, while the other two flights will depart Lagos on May 1 and May 5, respectively.
This exercise will bring the number of British nationals evacuated from Nigeria to 2,000 since the COVID-19 epidemic in the country.
The press release reads: “The additional charter flights have been arranged for British travellers and their dependents, whose principal residence is the United Kingdom. Priority is given to the most vulnerable travellers, for example, people suffering from health problems. ”
The British government has said it is working with the airline industry and host governments around the world to help bring British travellers back to the country as part of the plan announced last month by Foreign Minister Dominic Raab.