Nigerian Billionaire businesswoman and the Chairman of Famfa Oil Limited, Modupe Folorunsho Alakija has joined other concerned citizens to support the Federal Government of in the war against the spread of Coronavirus pandemic with the sum of N1 Billion Naira.
The development was disclosed in a statement signed and issued by the management of Famfa Oil a few moments ago.
According to the organisation, they are ready to join hands with the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The statement also applauds both the Federal and State Governments for its continues fight and efforts breaking the chain of the COVID-19 global pandemic which has claimed lives in nations of the world.
Alakija on behalf of her organisation urged Nigerians to adhere to the already stipulated guidelines by the NCDC.
Read below the statement in full:
“As the world rallies to deal with the health, security, economic and social implications of the coronavirus, it’s clear that we will feel the effects much more deeply than many of the developed world. Managing a crisis of this magnitude means that the strength of our response will determine our ability to weather the storm.”
“Individually and collectively, we are rising to this unprecedented challenge in a way that symbolizes our resilience, our character and strength.”
“Famfa Oil Ltd is pleased to be able to make this contribution and will work in consultation with key stakeholders such as:
- National Center for Disease Control, N250,000,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty million Naira)
- Lagos State Government, N250,000,000 (Two hundred and Fifty million Naira
- African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases, 50,000,000 (Fifty million Naira)
- Medical Workers on the Frontline in Lagos, 100,000,000 (One hundred million naira)
- Medical Workers on the Frontline in Abuja, 100,000,000 (One hundred million naira)
- Supply Of Medical Equipment to relevant organizations, 245,00,000 (Two and forty-five million Naira)
- DR Ameyo Stella Adadevoh (DRASA), 5 Million Naira (Five million Naira)
- With our contribution, we will together take the charge in our fight against the Coronavirus.
“These are the organisations we as a company will work in adhering to their needs and will interact with suppliers so that we can deploy our contribution in the most impactful way.
“Famfa Oil Ltd commends the efforts made by the Federal and State Governments towards the fight against the pandemic in Nigeria and enjoin all Nigerians to follow stipulated health guidelines in order to keep us all safe.”
“May God bless our country Nigeria.”
Meanwhile, Naija News has reported earlier that the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye has ordered the production of Chloroquine for Possible Clinical Trial Treatment of Coronavirus.