Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, has warned the United States again that its days in the Middle East are “numbered.”
Zarif had earlier noted that work is in progress to end the “US malign presence in West Asia had begun.”
The minister noted this while declaring the killing of the Iranian General, Qassem Soleimani as “an act of war. ”
While speaking in an interview with the Al Jazeera on Tuesday, Zarif said Iran’s response to Soleimani’s assassination would come in due course.
“Iran will respond because there was an act of war – an act of war combined with an act of terrorism against a senior official of the Islamic Republic of Iran and a citizen of Iran,” Zarif said.
“We are bound to protect our citizens and our military officials. It was an act that has to be reciprocated by Iran. We will make the necessary deliberations and it will be an act that we will do, not in a hurry, not in a hasty manner.”
The Military chief was killed along with Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF, or Hashd al-Shaabi).
His death has triggered a dramatic escalation of tensions in the Middle East.
“The act by the United States, it enraged the feelings of many people outside Iran, inside Iran – that will have consequences for the United States,” Zarif added.
Source: Naija News