A formal apology was tendered by the South African Government to Nigerians and the Nigerian Government over recent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals, including Nigerians in that country.
While speaking with State House correspondents after the closed-door meeting with the president, Radebe said President Ramaphosa had already directed the law enforcement agencies to arrest all culprits of the act.
He stated that more than 50 suspects had so far been arrested.
“We met a short while ago with President Muhammadu Buhari to convey our President Ramaphosa’s sincerest apologies about the incidents that have recently transpired in South Africa.
“Those incidents do not represent what we stand for as constitutional democracy in South Africa and the President has apologized for these incidents and he has also instructed law enforcement agencies to leave no stone unturned so that all those involved must be brought to book so that the rule of laws must prevail in South Africa,’’ he said.
President Ramaphosa through the envoy called for the joint effort of Nigeria and South Africa to continue to play a critical role in the rebuilding of Africa to attain the Agenda 2063.
President Ramaphosa was on Saturday during the funeral of the former Zimbabwean leader, Robert Mugabe, reported to have apologized for the attacks on foreign nationals in his country.