Connect with us


Gist

Nigerians Roast Sanusi, Fayemi, El-Rufai Over South Africa Visit

Published

Nigerians Roasts Sanusi, Fayemi, El-Rufai Over South Africa Visit
 

A storm of reactions by Nigerians has greeted the visit of Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, to South Africa amid the Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in the country.

Naija News had reported earlier that the Emir of Kano was spotted dining in South Africa alongside Governors Kayode Fayemi and Nasir El-Rufai of Ekiti and Kaduna states respectively.

The development came after Nigerians raised the alarm over the appearance of Jim Ovia and other Nigerians including a former minister Oby Ezekwesili at the World Economic Forum Africa 2019, taking place in Cape Town, South Africa.

Naija News recalls that properties including cars belonging to Nigerians in the country were set ablaze by South Africans in the wake of the Xenophobic attacks.

In a viral video, South Africans also looted shops belonging to Nigerians. At least three people were also feared dead during the Xenophobic attacks.

Apparently displeased with the attacks, Nigerians took to Shoprite premises around Jakande, Lekki in Lagos to protest the Xenophobic attacks.

The protest in its wake left a yet to be identified person dead, with a witness describing the victim as a protester who was killed after an angry mob set a police van on fire during a protest on Tuesday.

Reacting to the Xenophobic attacks, the Nigerian government through Bashir Ahmad, an aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, said it was boycotting the WEF.

“Nigerian government has boycotted the World Economic Forum holding in Cape Town, South Africa, but some individuals from Nigeria including a former Minister are attending on their own. Madam Oby Ezekwesili, she is attending the WEF in Cape Town, South Africa,” the Presidential aide tweeted.

While the Federal Government said it was boycotting the WEF, Emir Sanusi, Governors Fayemi and El-Rufai on the other hand, attended another conference in South Africa after which they were spotted having dinner in Stellenbosch, South Africa on Wednesday, September 4.

Displeased with the visit, Nigerians took to the micro-blogging site, Twitter, to blast the Monarch and the governors.

Naija News captured some of the reactions below…


Read More News.   Download Naija News App.   Send us enquiries and press releases.


Journalist|| Writer|| Digital Media Strategist.

 




!-- advertising GHyyJ9E_ZJ_pdm4colp8zWBpfS5xPR4n_QMWqOjxoVaU5kzaesy3K9eHGd9Pt-SfiCW2JPqCvE1ArfvYMbysEQ==-->