Buhari Appoints Seven Females As Ministers
President Muhammadu Buhari swore in 43 substantive ministers at a ceremony held at the State House in Abuja on Wednesday.
The 43 individuals are expected to work closely in their different capacities with the President to achieve set objectives during his second term in office.
Before Wednesday’s swearing-in ceremony, Naija News reports the Senate had earlier screened and confirmed the nominees based on the list sent to it by President Buhari.
Of the 43 appointed, only seven of the ministers are females. Check out the names and portfolios of the seven female ministers.
1. Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Hajia Sadiya Umar-Farouk.
2. Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Hajiya Maryam Katagun.
3. Minister of State for Transport, Senator Gbemisola Saraki.
4. Minister of State for Environment, Sharon Ikeazu.
5. Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Hajiya Zainab Ahmed.
6. Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Dame Pauline Tallen.
7. Minister of State for FCT, Rahmatu Tijjani.
The full list of 43 ministers and their assigned portfolios can also be assessed here.