Police Reveal Identities Of Killed Operatives
The Nigeria Police Force has unveiled the identities of its men killed in the unfortunate incident between police operatives and soldiers in Taraba State.
Recall that Frank Mba, the Force Public Relations Officer had on Wednesday, 7th August, disclosed how some soldiers opened fire on the deceased officers and a civilian along Ibi-Jalingo road in the state.
As previously reported by Naija News, an investigation has already been launched into circumstances surrounding the sad happening. The investigating team is headed by the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Criminal Investigation Department, DIG Mike Ogbizi.
The Police on Thursday, revealed the identities of the dead officers as Insp. Mark Edaile, from Edo State
Sgt. Usman Danzumi, from Taraba State and Sgt. Dahiru Musa, from Taraba State.
According to information made available to Naija News by the Police, until their untimely death in the hands of soldiers of 93 Battalion Takum, Taraba State, these officers have participated in several high profile and high risk arrests, rescue missions, and investigative operations.
Some of these operations include:
· The arrest of Nigeria’s most notorious kidnap kingpin, Evans.
· The arrest of twenty (22) Boko Haram Terrorists responsible for the 2014 kidnapping of the Chibok School Girls in Borno State.
· The arrest of UMAR Abdulmalik, the overall Boko Haram Commander of North Central Nigeria and several of his group members.
· The arrest of the kidnappers of two American and two Canadian citizens in Kaduna State.
· And most recently, the rescue of Magajin Garin Daura in Kano State and arrest of the thirteen (13) terrorists responsible for the kidnapping of the Magajin Garin Daura in his home town Daura, Katsina State on 1st May 2019, among many other outstanding feats.
— Nigeria Police Force (@PoliceNG) August 8, 2019