According to Le10Sport, Nicolas Pepe is set to fly in for medical with English Premier League side, Arsenal, after both clubs agreed to a £72million deal.
The Ivorian is set to sign a five-year deal with the North London side and becomes the most expensive African football ever.
Gunners will pay £20million upon the completion of the deal, with the following £52million being split over the next four years.
Pepe overtakes ex-Villareal striker Bakambu, 27, who cost Chinese Super League club, Beijing Guoan, a £65million fee.
See the top 11 most expensive African footballers:
1. Nicolas Pepe (Lille > Arsenal) – £72 million
2. Cedric Bakambu (Villarreal > Beijing Guoan) – £65 million
3. Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City > Manchester City) – £60 million
4. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund > Arsenal) – £56 million
5. Naby Keita (RasenBallsport Leipzig > Liverpool) – £52.75 million
6. Mohamed Salah (AS Roma > Liverpool) – £36.9 million
7. Sadio Mane (Southampton > Liverpool) – £35 million
8. Eric Bailly (Villarreal > Manchester United) – £30 million
9. Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon > Leicester City) – £29.5 million including add-ons
10. Wilfried Bony (Swansea City > Manchester City) – £28 million
11. Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal > Manchester City) – £25 million
Download NAIJA NEWS app: