Senate Screens Next Level Ministerial Nominees
The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday, began the screening of 43 ministerial nominees submitted to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Naija News recalls the lawmakers decided to postpone their annual recess to allow enough time to complete the ministerial screening before going on break.
Members of the upper legislative chamber began the screening on Wednesday, 24th July, screening 10 nominees before retiring for the day.
Upon resumption of legislative duties on Thursday, the Senators screened another 14 ministerial nominees before calling it quit for the day.
In total, Naija News reports that the lawmakers have so far screened 24 out of the 43 names transmitted to it by the President.
Below is a list of all those that have been screened by the legislators after two days.
1. Uchechukwu Ogah (Abia State)
2. George Akume (Benue State)
3. Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom State)
4. Chukuemeka Nwajiuba (Imo State)
5. Rotimi Amaechi. (Rivers State)
6. Ogbonanya Onu (Ebonyi State)
7. Olorunnimbe Mamora (Lagos State)
8. Olamilekan Adegbite (Ogun state)
9. Adamu Adamu (Bauchi State)
10. Sharon Ikeazor (Anambra State)
11. Tayo Alasoadura (Ondo State)
12. Mustapha Shehuri (Borno State)
13. Abubakar Aliyu (Yobe State)
14. Bashir Saleh (Kano State)
15. Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa State)
16. Rahmatu Tijani (Kogi State)
17. Adeniyi Adebayo (Ekiti state)
18. Zubairu Dada (Niger State)
19. Chris Ngige (Anambra state)
20. Abdullahi Hassan (Nasarawa State)
21. Zainab Ahmed (Kaduna State)
22. Sa’adiya Umar Farouk (Zamfara State)
23. Mohammed Musa Bello (Adamawa state)
24. Sunday Dare (Oyo State)