The Federal Government on Friday called on Nigerians to discredit information being circulated that a certain amount of money is being collected to lobby for ministerial appointments in President Muhammadu Buhari‘s cabinet.
Naija News understands that the federal government described the information that also alleged that lobbyists collect some funds to submit the Curriculum Vitae of aspiring ministers as false.
Permanent Secretary, General Services Office in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Olusegun Adekunle, made the call in a statement made available to Newsmen on Friday in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
Adekunle in his statement noted that the attention of the SGF had been drawn to the information being circulated.
The statement said that the untrue information making the rounds is also requesting interested Nigerians to submit their Curriculum Vitae for selection as cabinet members.
Adekunle said that the false information requested members of the public to submit their credentials at a fee to a non-existing office in the Office of the SGF.
“The general public is advised to disregard such information as the Office of the SGF has no such mandate and has not requested for such information.
“The originators of such false news are therefore, warned to desist from using the name of the SGF in their dubious and nefarious activities to fleece unsuspecting members of the public,” he said.