Trader Electrocuted To Death In Lagos | Nigeria News
Connect with us


Gist

Trader Electrocuted To Death In Lagos

Published

Police rescue kidnap victims

A 58-year old trader and Food seller identified as Florence Imoh, was on Monday electrocuted to her own death at her shop at Ikotun in the Igando/Ikotun Local Council Development Area (LCAA) of Lagos state.

The body of the food seller was found her body lifeless around 6.30am in front of her shop at 12, Shosanya Street, Ijegun Road, Ikotun.

One of her neighbours revealed in a statement obtained by Naija News that the body of the Food seller was clinging to the metal gate in front of her shop as at the time they saw her.

The source who identified herself simply as Mrs Alomona, Imoh’s death was caused by a naked wire supplying electricity from the electric pole linking the building.

Mama Chikodi as Imoh was fondly addressed, was trying to open the iron gate of her shop without noticing the contact and got electrocuted,” Alomona said.

Another resident identified as Sodiq Bell while narrating his opinion of the incident said that the cause of the death of the food seller cannot be unconnected to the fact that the said building in which the seller trades is not properly connected electrically.

“We have searched for the cause of the death, and we noticed that a naked wire was resting on the metallic sides of the roof, which had transmitted to other metallic objects in the shop.

“The building has an electrical defect. She was trying to come out from the entrance of the shop when the incident happened.

“Mama Chikodi works and sleeps in the shop. She assists her younger sister in cooking and selling food early morning,” Bello said.

In a bid to confirm the report, the District Police Officer, Isheri/Osun Police Station, Rafiu Akinlade who was earlier contacted via the telephone, said that the Force in the state had already been briefed on the incident and said that the remains of the victim had already been deposited in the Isolo General Hospital mortuary.

In his words, Akinlade said: “We have been informed and I have called Ikeja Electric about the development, and they have switched off the electricity in the area; this is to allow us evacuate Imoh’s body. I have also directed my officers to go to the scene of the event from where the body was evacuated.”

“If the building had an insulator, the insulator would have absorbed and protected the residents from any danger. Residents need to be careful and be vigilant, especially during and after rainfall. When it rains, it is advisable to avoid touching iron or a metal object,” the DPO said.


Download Naija News App.   Advertise with us.   Send us enquiries and press releases.


Akoh is a Senior Content Creator at Naija News. He is a Journalist|| Writer|| Social Media Strategist|| Content Creator ||. He understands the limitless relevance of #human. Twitter/Instagram:@gr8harchor

Advertisement

Open

Close