Connect with us


Nigeria News

Generator Fume Kills 15, Leaves 17 Unconscious 

Published

on

At least 15 persons have been confirmed dead while 17 others left unconscious after inhaling generator fumes over the weekend in Umuomumu Mbieri, a community in Imo State.

Naija News reports that the victims who inhaled the fumes were guests who visited the state to attend a wedding ceremony which took place in the cause of the weekend.

The guests were majorly guests from Anambra state who were said to have caused their own deaths when they insisted to pass the night in the house of the celebrants.

This news platform understands that the victims met their untimely death when the celebrants provided their guests with a generator as there was no electricity to pass the night.

The generator was powered and kept in the kitchen but unknowing to the victims, the fumes of the generator entered into their room through the windows and door.

Eyewitnesses revealed that the generator was powered shortly after the electricity distribution company seized the power supply in the state.

They attributed the tragedy to the irregular power supply in the area.

 

Akoh is a Senior Content Creator at Naija News. He is a Journalist|| Writer|| Social Media Strategist|| Content Creator ||. He understands the limitless relevance of #human. Twitter/Instagram:@gr8harchor