Connect with us


Sports

Latest Football Transfer News And Rumours For Sunday, 19th May, 2019

Published

Latest football transfer news
 

Clubs and teams across and beyond Europe have started business as the summer transfer window gets fully underway.

The transfer season is usually a time of departure and arrivals for players, coaches as well as other team officials.

Naija News presents to you a compilation of the latest rumours and confirmed transfer gist.

Hoeness: Bayern won’t exceed Hernandez’s €80m transfer fee

Bayern Munich will not exceed the €80 million (£70m/$90m) mark again in a single transfer fee this summer, according to club president Uli Hoeness.

Already Bayern have made a splash in the transfer market, spending big to secure Atletico Madrid and France international full-back Lucas Hernandez for €80m.

However, while they can be expected to add more players this summer, the club won’t be spending that much on a single player.

Allegri could take a year out after leaving Juventus

Massimiliano Allegri will consider offers from other clubs after July 15 as he looks ahead to life after Juventus but will not rule out the possibility of taking a break from football.

Allegri, whose departure from Juve has been announced, had been linked with Manchester United prior to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer securing the full-time manager’s job, while Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea are also said to be interested.

But the Livorno-born coach indicated he needs some time to weigh up his options.

Pizarro to sign new Werder contract at 40

Werder Bremen have confirmed 40-year-old striker Claudio Pizarro will remain with the club next season.

The veteran has reached an agreement with the Bundesliga side to carry on playing for a 21st campaign in Europe, having first moved to Werder in 1999.

Werder sporting director Frank Baumann said Pizarro, who has also played for Bayern Munich and Chelsea during his career, will now sign “a suitable contract in the coming days”.

Liverpool to sell fringe players

Liverpool will consider selling a number of fringe players this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Offers of around £20m (€23m/$25m) will be considered for on-loan pair Marko Grujic and Harry Wilson – although another loan is an option for the latter.

Nathaniel Clyne and Simon Mignolet could also depart alongside youngsters Rafa Camacho, Ryan Kent and Taiwo Awoniyi, who would each cost upwards of £10m (€11m/$13m).

Chelsea to give loan trio their chance

Chelsea are set to give Tammy Abraham, Kurt Zouma and Ola Aina first-team roles next season when they return from loan, according to the London Evening Standard.

As a result of their transfer ban, Chelsea are having to utilise some members of their 41-strong ‘loan army’ to make up for their inability to reinforce over the next two windows.

The news comes as a blow for Aston Villa and Everton, who were hoping to tie up permanent deals for Abraham and Zouma, respectively.


Read More News.   Download Naija News App.   Send us enquiries and press releases.


Ogbolu George is a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Benin. He loves politics, is a movie addict and a die-hard Arsenal fan. George is a Senior Content Creator at Naija News.

 




!-- advertising GHyyJ9E_ZJ_pdm4colp8zWBpfS5xPR4n_QMWqOjxoVaU5kzaesy3K9eHGd9Pt-SfiCW2JPqCvE1ArfvYMbysEQ==-->