The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, says those accusing him of not carrying pro-Biafra activists in the south-east along in the ongoing push for a referendum are “grossly misinformed.”
Naija News reports that the secessionist leader made this known on Thursday, May 16, during what he tagged a “live global address.”
During the broadcast, Kanu who is currently in the United Kingdom (UK), said his accusers are “grossly misinformed because the IPOB family is intact and there is nothing anybody” can do to scatter the group.
“Some people accuse us of not taking our people along from the coastal region and I say to them this evening that they are grossly misinformed because the IPOB family is intact and there is nothing anybody can do to render us asunder,” Kanu said during a broadcast monitored by this reporter.
This online news platform understands that Kanu’s statement is coming days to the scheduled “Biafra Remembrance Day.”
Naija News had reported earlier that IPOB declared May 30 as sit-at-home day throughout the Southeast referred to as “Biafraland” by pro-Biafra activists and Nigeria in remembrance of its fallen heroes and heroines.
This online news platform recalls that 3 years ago a number of deaths were recorded during the “Biafra Remembrance Day” which took place on May 30, 2016, following a clash between security agents and IPOB members.
The attack in its wake left at least 150 peaceful pro-Biafra protesters in the south-east of the country dead.
They were killed by the Nigerian security forces, led by the military in Onitsha, Anambra State.
During that attack, several pro-Biafra activists and supporters sustained injuries, and scores arrested in less than 48 hours to the event to mark Biafra Remembrance Day.