JAMB: Breakdown Of UTME 2019 Candidates Who Have Checked Result Using MTN, Glo, Airtel, | Nigeria News
Connect with us



Education

JAMB: Breakdown Of UTME 2019 Candidates Who Have Checked Result Using MTN, Glo, Airtel,

Published

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says over 1.3 million candidates have accessed their results using the result checker (code), 55019.

Naija News reports that results for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results, were released on May 11.

Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Head, Media, and Information, who was yesterday, speaking in response to claims that some people have not been able to check their results told journalists in Lagos that the claims were false, The Nation reports.

Recall that more than 1.8 million candidates registered for the examination.

His words: “I want to refute all these claims as there is no truth in them. First and foremost, by our records, over 1.3 candidates who sat for this examination have accessed their results using the code for checking the results, which remains ‘55019’.

”Again, let me also state in clear terms that the N50 charged in the process of checking these results does not go to JAMB’s purse but to the various service providers.”

JAMB spokesman, noted that the clarification became necessary in view of what he described as “wicked and malicious rumours” by some persons that the board is charging a fee for checking of results.

A breakdown of the total number of results checked by candidates through the various network providers as given by Benjamin inculude,  MTN – 888,598, Glo- 190,923, Airtel, with a total of 104, 970 candidates who have so far accessed their result using the network.

Benjamin said before now, Airtel had some technical hitches, but thankfully, all such challenges had been addressed.

He noted that 62,170 candidates had also accessed their results using the 9mobile service provider.

The spokesman said that the board appreciated the concern of those candidates who had challenges accessing their results and expressed the board’s sincere apologies to the development.

According to Benjamin, the board was working with the network providers in ensuring quality service in an attempt to forestall such occurrences in its subsequent examinations.

He said that plans were already in place to forward the results to candidates’ profiles for viewing and printing.




Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to newsroom@naijanews.com.

is an opinionated and creative writer, and teacher. You can reach me via busayo@naijanews.com

Advertisement


Contact Us