NPC Meets PDP’s Atiku Over Election Results
Naija News gathered Atiku made his demands to Buhari known during a meeting with a delegation of the National Peace Committee (NPC) led by former head of state and chairman of the committee, General Abdulsalam Abubakar (rtd).
The meeting also had in attendance the PDP Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, the National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus; Director General of PDP Campaign, Dr. Bukola Saraki and other PDP chieftains.
Vanguard also reports that Atiku, during the meeting warned that tensions are building up in the land.
He reportedly demanded for the following:
1. Unfreezing of bank accounts belonging to opposition politicians.
2. Demilitarization of subsequent elections.
3. Accreditation of voters before voting in subsequent elections.
4. INEC should open its back end server to all participating parties.
5. The release of all politicians detained illegally by the federal government.
Abdulsalami and his team were said to have pleaded with Atiku to avoid anything that would threaten the peace of the nation.
The Committee is expected to present Atiku’s demands to President Buhari.
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to email@example.com.