PDP Holds Special NEC Meeting In Abuja
The Peoples Democratic Party on Tuesday, 19th February, held a special National Executive Committee meeting at the party’s headquarters in Abuja.
As earlier reported by Naija News, the meeting was used to evaluate the party’s position ahead of the February 23rd presidential and National Assembly elections in the country following the shock postponement of the February 16 elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission on Saturday just a few hours before polls commenced.
Senator Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate President and Director-General of the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign, spoke at the occassion.
Below are eight important things Saraki said at the 84th National Executive Council meeting of the PDP today.
1. “Nigerians are tired of insecurity, unemployment and poverty. Nobody wants to be insecure, unemployed or poor. This is why our message has resonated across the country.”
2. “We should not ruin this democracy because of the ambition of one man.”
3. “We have 4 more days to go. I want to appeal to Nigerians: do not let them frustrate you. When there is a low turn out, they can rig, but if you come out to vote, they cannot rig.”
4. “PDP is against election rigging. The law must apply to people that rig. We in the PDP stand against election rigging, we oppose election rigging, but we are also against jungle justice and disregard of the rule of law.”
5. “When you come out to vote on Saturday, do you want a Nigeria that that adheres to the rule of law, or do you want a Nigeria that is governed by jungle justice.”
6. “I want to appeal to Nigerians, their plan is to have low turn out and frustrate you. Please come out again and vote for Atiku that will make the country better. On Saturday, when you come out to vote, vote for Nigeria.”
7. “INEC, we know that they do not want you to hold that election on Saturday, but we want you to hold that election on Saturday… The Nollywood APC meeting Yesterday was because they don’t want elections on Saturday, but we want elections on Saturday, Nigerians want elections on Saturday, the world wants elections on Saturday.”
8. “As they say, when your time has come, your time has come, President Atiku Abubakar, your time has come!”
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.