Fire Outbreak Destroys Students’ Hostel At Kano State University
Fire Engulfs Student Hostel In Kano
The Kano State Fire Service has confirmed a fire outbreak that destroyed the upper section of a female hostel at the Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil.
Naija News understands that the State Fire Service spokesperson, Saidu Mohammed who confirmed the incident, stated that the fire resulted from high voltage which occurred on Tuesday night.
He also said that a total of 30 rooms, 20 toilets and four kitchens were completely razed.
“We received a distress call at 09:52 p.m. from one Alhaji Sagiru that there was a fire outbreak in the university.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene at 10:21 p.m. to quench the fire,’’ he said.
Mr Mohammed, however, said no life was lost to the fire, noting that students were still at home because of lecturers’ strike.
Naija News recalls ASUU declared a nationwide indefinite strike since November 2018. Due to this, public universities in Nigeria have been shut down as lecturers continue to ask the government to meet their demands.