Boy Killed As Home Made Parachute Fails In Ukraine
A fifteen-year-old boy, Bogdan Firsov, has jumped to his death from the 14th floor of a building after his homemade parachute malfunctioned, while his mother and others were filming his jump.
According to Daily Mail, Firsov’s homemade parachute failed to open properly during the 140 feet jump.
It was reported that adults, including his mother, watched and were even said to have encouraged the teenager as he prepared to try out his makeshift parachute as part of a social media stunt.
The video shows him with his arms outstretched on top of the building. As he falls, a parachute is visible but it did not unfurl properly.
An eyewitness said, “A crowd of people was there and nobody tried to stop him. They only filmed.
“People are not human any longer, they have lost all common sense.’
He said, “It happened right in front of my eyes. The boy jumped down with a parachute. He flew down and hit the ground with his back. It was really tough.”
Other relatives joined the boy’s mother in watching, filming and photographing the horror in jump for which he used a ‘homemade’ parachute, says reports.
The mother – whose name was not given – was “so shocked by his death that she refused to leave the spot”.
The boy wore a helmet and there was ‘padding’ on the ground below but he died instantly.
An ambulance arrived soon after the jump but he was pronounced dead at the scene.