The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has insisted it will embark on a nationwide strike over the non-implementation of N30, 000 as the new national minimum wage, despite the National Industrial Court’s ruling in Abuja which has ordered that the action be suspended.
BREAKING: National Industrial Court of Nigeria has granted an Order restraining NLC/TUC from embarking on Strike on 6th November 2018.
— Yunus Jnr.|PMB❁ (@yunusxonline) November 2, 2018
It will be recalled that Naija news had earlier reported that the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) in Abuja has restrained the organised labour from proceeding on a nationwide strike on Nov 6.
President, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Ayuba Wabba, while reacting to the report said the Labour-union was not aware of any court ruling and have not been served any notice.
“We have just concluded our joint organ meetings of the Central Working Committees of the Labour Centres of the NLC, Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) here in Lagos.
“The meeting is the final preparation for a full engagement with the government on the new National Minimum Wage and we have taken our decision to go on the strike.“Our decision is to go ahead with the nationwide strike unless the government does the needful” he said.
Also, Mr Musa Lawal, TUC General Secretary, also said that the centre was not aware of any court ruling concerning the planned strike by organised labour. ….6660“We are not aware because we have not been served any court order; we have taken our decision and we are going to stand by that,” he added.
The nationwide strike by organised labour is scheduled to commence on Nov. 6 over the new national minimum wage for workers in the country.