Shekarau, Others Win APC Senatorial Primaries In Kano | Naija News
Connect with us


politics

Shekarau, Others Win APC Senatorial Primaries In Kano

Published

Shekarau declares 2019 presidential ambition

Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau has won Kano Central Senatorial district primary election of the All Progressive Congress APC with forty nine thousand, seven hundred and eighty one votes.

This was stated by the presiding officer of the primaries, Dr Garba Saleh while announcing the results after the election.

Shekarau decamped to APC after he said fairness was not shown to his faction and others when the faction of Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, who defected to the People’s Democratic Party PDP from the APC, was offered 51% of the party structure while they were left to share the remaining 49%.

Shekarau is contesting for the Central Kano Senate Seat which is currently being occupied by Sen Rabiu Kwankwaso now a presidential aspirant under the PDP.

Announcing the Kano South senatorial primaries results, the presiding officer, Professor Balarabe Abubakar Jakada said the primary was conducted in sixteen local governments areas of the zone.

Three candidates contested for the post which Senator Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya won the elections with one million, thirty-five thousand and fifty-seven votes.

The election was followed by some squabbles when Abdulrahman Kawu sumaila rejected the result after getting three hundred and nine thousand two hundred and nine votes.

The disagreement was later resolved and while addressing journalist in Kano, Senator Gaya commended the party supporters for giving them there mandate and appealed to other aspirants who contested with him to come forward and join hands together with the aimed of moving the nation forward.

The situation in Kano North Senatorial Zone was more peaceful where the two major contestant Senator Barau jibril and Alhaji Abdullahi Tijjani Mohammad Gwarzo reached a consensus which made Alhaji Abdullahi Tijjani Mohammad Gwarzo to step down for Senator Barau Jibril.

Following this consensus, Senator Barau Jibril emerged winner unopposed.



Copyright Naija News 2018. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to [email protected].
Advertisement

Contact Us

info[at]naijanews.com