Some ex-militants in Ondo State on Wednesday lambasted the Ondo State government for failing to fulfilling it promise of enlisting them into the Amnesty programme of the Federal government after they surrendered their arms last year.
After one year of been prompted to lay down their weapons by the promise that they would be enlisted into the amnesty programme of the federal government, they still have not been enlisted.
On account of this, the ex-militant have vowed to take up arms and return to the creek where they would perpetrate their criminal activities.
In a statement, Mr. Ogailo Ibory, the leader of the militants said the group was tired of the alleged unfulfilled promises of the state government.
According to him, the group will not allow any political activities to happen in Ilaje and Ese-Odo Local Government Areas of the state if the government failed to make them benefit from the amnesty programme.
“Last year, we heeded to the appeal of the Ondo State Government through the Deputy Governor, Mr. Agboola Ajayi, and the Commissioner for Lands and Housing, Donald Ojogo, who came to the creeks to free the six Epe students we kidnapped in protest.
“That time, the two of them promised to work out amnesty for us and we thereafter agreed to drop our guns. Up till now, we have been abandoned and no one is talking to us, they have used and dumped us in the creeks and since last year, amnesty is not coming.
“We are using this medium to request the Ondo State Government to kindly return our guns that they took from us since last year within the next 21 days. We are very serious and we are prepared for anything that will follow.” he said.
However, the Chairman of the publicity subcommittee of the state amnesty programme, Mr. Donald Ojogo, appealed to the ex-militants to bear with the state government, saying the matter would be resolved very soon
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to email@example.com.