Suspects Handed Over To Police For Investigation
Seven suspects in connection with the recent attacks on some communities in Plateau State has been arrested by the Military.
Brigadier General John Agim, Director of Defence Information, made this known while parading the suspects in Jos on Tuesday in the state capital.
“Our troops are still getting those who are involved in the attacks on June 23,” he said. “Two of the suspects that our intelligence gathering led us to have been arrested.”
While the suspects Ibrahim Joji and Mr Madu Ibrahim were arrested allegedly for the attacks on June 23, the military apprehended three others Shaibu Suleman, Buhari Shaibu, and Zakamin Abdulkadri in connection with the killings that took place on July 14.
Brigadier General Agim revealed that the Commander of Operation Safe Haven was relocated to the LGA after President Muhammadu Buhari ordered that the perpetrators of the attacks be brought to justice.
He revealed that the apprehended suspects will be handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.
The DHQ spokesperson said although no weapon was found with the suspects, they were part of the said perpetrators of the attacks while their trial would take place in Jos.
The arrest of the seven suspects now brings the number of those apprehended so far in connection to the killings to 18.