A man had been confirmed death After he unknowingly drank insecticide in a container placed on the table in front of him at a Chinese lounge and bar on Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos.
The victim, Willie Uyime, who had gone to the bar in company with his friends on Saturday to have fun, mistakenly drank the insecticide in the container thing, then he reportedly started gasping and was rushed to the Randle General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.
Punch reports that a police source, who confirmed the incident, said that the Lagos State Police Command has commerced an investigation into the unfortunate incident.
“Around 11pm on Saturday, Emmanuel came to the station and reported that between 9.30pm and 10pm of the same date, he went to a Chinese bar on Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, with his friends and they were served alcoholic drinks.
“While they were discussing, they discovered that one of their friends, Willie Uyime, had started throwing up. It was suspected that he took insecticide kept beside their seat. He was rushed to the general hospital where he was confirmed dead.
“No arrest has been made. But I think the bar operators should be questioned for negligence. The fact that the deceased picked the insecticide on the table showed that it was displayed at an open place.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation had commenced into the case.
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.