Popular CNN journalist, Isha Sesay has described the recent abduction of school girls from the Government Girls’ Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe state by suspected Boko Haram insurgents as “a national disgrace”.
President Muhammadu Buhari had in a tweet on the missing girls, described the abduction as a “national disaster”.
But in a reaction on her Twitter account, Sesay said the case of the kidnapped school girls can be equated to a national disgrace, much bigger than the national disaster description given to it by the president.
She also made reference to the Chibok Girls who are still in Boko Haram custody since their abduction by the insurgents in 2014 though some have regained freedom following successful negotiations between the government and the abductors.
Sesay, in a series of tweets, said:
“#Nigeria’s President #Buhari calls abduction of #DapchiGirls “a national disaster.” That’s an understatement – it’s a national disgrace. More girls taken – again?? #Yobe #ChibokGirls,”she tweeted.
“I want to live in a world where the lives of the #DapchiGirls are held to be just as important as those of kids in other places. A world where everyone is talking about schoolgirls being stolen by terrorists. Is that too much to ask? #Nigeria #Yobe #ChibokGirls.”
The Government Girls’ Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe state, was on Monday last week attacked by suspected Boko Haram insurgents with the government, through the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed recently confirming 110 girls are still unaccounted for.
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.