Connect with us


News

465 Nigerians Repatriated From Libya Arrive Port Harcourt

Published

Libya returnees
 

Libya Returnees [File Photo]

Another set of 465 Nigerian have been repartriated from Libya, arriving Port Harcourt today, Friday.

The set of returnees is the fourth batch of that have been evacuated from Libya.

Mr. Martins Ejike, the South-South Zonal Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency, disclosed that the returnees arrived at Port Harcourt International Airport today, at about 12.25 a.m. on board Max Air.

Ejike said that the evacuation of Nigerians stranded in Lybia had been largely successful despite some challenges in Lybia during the negotiations for their return.

He added that the Federal Government had put measures in place to fast-track the evacuation of the returnees, noting that every process required for the repartriation was taking place step by step.

He was happy about the response of states in picking up their indigenes at the evacuation centre after a complaint by NEMA of dissatisfaction over states not collecting their indigenes on time.

“I am happy that the last set of returnees at the centre were all taken back to their various states on January 15,” he said.

He said the agency would contact state governors for immediate evacuation of the returnees from the Port Harcourt centre.


Read More News.   Download Naija News App.   Send us enquiries and press releases.


Ibukun Josephine Bankole was a Senior Associate at Naija News. A Mass Communication graduate, Ibukun is passionate about journalism especially in the areas of health and child related issues. She loves eating beans, singing, acting and giving motivational speeches. Ibukun is meticulous and has a positive approach to life. Contact me via twitter/Instagram @ibukunbankole_