A fire outbreak has resulted in the death of four siblings, comprising triplets and their brother in Hadejia town, Jigawa.
The fire outbreak was revealed by the Spokesman of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in the state, Mr Adamu Shehu.
Speaking on Monday, Shehu told NAN that the fire was ignited by a spark from an electric appliance.
Shehu disclosed that the incident occurred on Jan. 20 at about 10:45 p.m, while revealing the dead triplets identity as Hassan Sale, Hussain Sale and Muhusin Sale, while their elder brother, Aliyu Sale.
He said: “On Jan. 20, at about 10:45 p.m, there was a fire disaster at the residence of one Alhaji Sale Tela of Tudun Tanda quarters in Hadejia town.
“The fire caused the death of triplets and their younger brother namely: Hassan Sale, Hussaini Sale, Muhsin Sale aged 5 and Aliyu Sale aged 2.
“It also consumed property worth of thousands of Naira.
“The causative agent we suspect is an electric spark from a water boiler,” the spokesman said.
Consequently, Shehu appealed to the public to be careful while handling electrical appliances, particularly during the Harmattan so as forestall fire outbreak.
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.