-Some officials redeployed over undisclosed offences.
The Nigerian Army has redeployed eight senior officials including six generals two other officials.
Those redeployed include a major-general, five brigadier-generals and two lieutenant colonels, Premium Times reported.
Officers redeployed as well as their new place of assignment are:
- O. J. Akpor, also a brigadier general, was deployed from the army’s operation centre to become the Commander, 1 Division of the army.
- I.O. Rabiu, a major general, who was formerly military secretary at the army headquarters, He was redeployed to defence headquarters as director, technical and equipment.
- A.O. Abdullahi, a brigadier general, was posted from the army headquarters to the headquarters of 3 Division where he is to serve as the Chief of Staff.
- F. Yahaya, a brigadier general, was posted from the army headquarters, department of administration, and appointed as acting military secretary.
READ ALSO: Air Force deploys 5 fighter jets to crush Boko Haram in Sambisa
- O. C. Ajunwa, a brigadier general, was posted from the headquarters of the 3 Division and appointed as deputy military secretary at the army headquarters.
- G.U. Chibuisi was deployed from the 1 Division Garrison to become the deputy director, training and doctrine department of the army headquarters in Abuja.
- Lieutenant colonel, H. Isa, was deployed from a posting at Coventry University in the UK to the army headquarters garrison for jurisdiction (court martial), for an undisclosed offence.
- L. Dabo of 145 battalion, also posted to army headquarters garrison for jurisdiction for an undisclosed offence.
The redeployed officers are to resume from October 31.
The Nigerian Army has been working tirelessly to tackle Boko Haram insurgency in the North-east.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has ended the Operation Crocodile Smile II exercise in Niger Delta, stating that it will still dominate the environment to rid the region of hoodlums.