Metuh's Trial: Court orders Jonathan to appear on Wednesday | Naija News
Connect with us

 

News

Metuh’s Trial: Court orders Jonathan to appear on Wednesday

Published

on

What Goodluck Jonathan Said In His Easter Message To Nigerians

Following a former Peoples Democratic Party’s National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh’s request for the summon of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan as a witness in his ongoing trial, an Abuja Federal High Court has ordered that the former President comes forward to testify.

The court directed that Jonathan testifies as a defense witness in the suit filed by the Federal Government against Metuh.

The presiding judge, Justice Okon Abang, therefore issued a subpoena compelling Jonathan to appear before the court tomorrow, October 25.

READ ALSO: Dasukigate: Metuh calls on Jonathan to testify in his case

Metuh is standing trial over the alleged receival of N400 million out of the $2.1 billion dollars arms fund from the ex-National Security Adviser to Doctor Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki

Metuh’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu had earlier told the court that he would subpoena the former president as his defence witness during a session at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday.

Ikpeazu added that a letter had already been written to the former President Jonathan, the response of whom was yet to be received.

Source: Naija News

Ibukun Josephine Bankole was a Senior Associate at Naija News. A Mass Communication graduate, Ibukun is passionate about journalism especially in the areas of health and child related issues. She loves eating beans, singing, acting and giving motivational speeches. Ibukun is meticulous and has a positive approach to life. Contact me via twitter/Instagram @ibukunbankole_