Connect with us


Nigeria News

Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again

Published

on

borno

At least 11 persons lost their lives in multiple bomb explosions which rocked Maiduguri Tuesday night.

According to NAN which quoted a source who preferred to remain anonymous, the first and second explosions occurred at about 9.45 p.m. at Mulaikalmari, some six kilometers away from Maiduguri.

The source said that eight persons, including the suicide bombers were killed in the attack.

Three persons were also killed and five others wounded in the third and fourth explosions, which occurred about 20 minutes later at Polo-Sabon Gari area of Maiduguri, according to the source, who said he helped in rescue operations for the victims from the scenes of the explosion.

READ ALSO: Just In: Acting President Yemi Osinbajo Back From London After Meeting Buhari

“All the attacks occurred in the outskirts of the metropolis.

“It is a foiled attempt by Boko Haram insurgents to infiltrate the town.”

The source added that security personnel had been drafted to the affected areas to ascertain the situation.

He disclosed those wounded referred to Special Hospital, Maiduguri for medical attention.

However, the Chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency, Alhaji Satomi Ahmed, confirmed the attacks, and also said his officials have been dispatched to the scenes.

“Thanks to the hard work of our Emergency Response Teams we were able to put together a prompt response, ” he said

Passionate writer, content provider, inspired by the opportunity to learn new things.